This process is not part of the standard maintenance tasks that we recommend for Hydrow. However, if a seat develops trouble with sliding smoothly, a deeper cleaning may be required. You can follow the steps below to perform this:
You will need:
- #2 Phillips Head Screwdriver
- Note: the screw driver provided with Hydrow is a #1 size intended for attaching the screen only. We suggest you do not use this same screwdriver for the process below as it could potentially strip the screw heads.
- Microfiber cloth
1. Remove the Rear Stop & Detach the Seat:
- Remove the cover by pushing in and sliding it downwards.
- Use a #2 screwdriver to remove 2x Phillips head screws
- Slide the end-stop out and place to the side.
- carefully slide Hydrow's seat back and off of the rail.
2. Manually Clean the Rollers
- Hold a damp microfiber cloth against the edge of one of the rollers and spin it for a few rotations to clean the entire surface.
- Repeat for all 10 rollers on the seat.
- Repeat process with a dry corner of the cloth to remove moisture.
(A non-bleach moist wipe is also acceptable for cleaning.)
- Do not use Compressed air to clean out the tight spaces between rollers. It is both inefficient and unsafe to do so.
- Do not use lubricants or degreasers such as WD40 - These are not necessary and may damage your Hydrow. Using these will void your warranty.
3. Reattach the seat and Reassemble
- Slide the seat back onto the rail, be sure it has the right orientation:
- Line up the seat with the rail carefully to avoid letting the newly-cleaned rollers scrape or scuff on any of the sharper edges.
- Looking from the top, the curved end of the seat should be towards the rear and the flat end towards the screen.
- Fit the rear stop into place
- Secure with two screws.
- Replace cover and click into place.
4. Clean the Track Too!
Lastly take time to thoroughly wipe down both the top and bottom of the track where the seat wheels glide. Dust or debris here will build up to cause problems.
This process should smooth out any bumpiness or mechanical noise while rowing. However, if you discover any damage to the seat or rollers, or if you are unable to resolve a problem with this cleaning procedure, you can contact our support team for assistance.